President: Audra Hartges
In her past public relations experience she worked as the PR & Marketing Intern at Grand Rapids Community Foundation (Winter 2013) and as an account associate for GrandPR (2012-2013). Currently Audra works as a communications writer for GVSU’s University Development office and also serves as the Vice President of Operations for Grand PR.
In the future her goal is to do public relations for a nonprofit organization in the Grand Rapids area.
5 fun facts about Audra:
- Her favorite food is chicken and dumplings
- She can’t whistle
- Her roots originate frerHer om a one-stoplight town
- One of her favorite hobbies is running
- She has 4 siblings
Connect with her on Twitter: @AudraHartges
CEO of GrandPR: Morgan Yingst
As the CEO of GrandPR, she serves as a liaison between GrandPR and PRSSA and is responsible for conducting GrandPR and PRSSA’s bi-weekly general assembly meetings as well as recruiting clients, maintaining contact with clients, and overseeing the rest of the staff. This year, she is looking forward to making connections with professionals in the field and other PRSSA members, not only within our own chapter, but other chapters as well.
Before becoming the CEO Morgan worked as an Account Associate for GrandPR during her sophomore and junior year with a variety of clients.
Five Fun Facts about Morgan:
- She has played the piano since she was five years old.
- She only has one brother who is 18 years younger than her
- Morgan has kissed the Blarney Stone in Ireland
- She is a proficient sailor.
- Another special talent of hers is finding guitar picks at concert
Connect with her on Twitter: @morganyingst
Vice President of Public Relations: Jessica Hines
In her current role with PRSSA she responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships and overall positive image among the campus and community and says she is looking forward to building relations with students, faculty and members of the community and helping the chapter grow as a whole.
Aside from PRSSA, Jessica has also worked as an account associate with Grand PR for the past two years. She is also a student writer for GVSU News and Information, works on the marketing team for Campus Dining and last year interned in the communications/PR department at Saint Mary’s Healthcare.
Five Fun Facts About Jessica:
- She can say the alphabet backwards in under 5 seconds
- Unlike most girls, she hates shoe shopping more than anything
- Jessica has zero cousins
- She once swallowed a live minnow on a dare
- She graduated valedictorian of her high school class
Connect with her on Twitter: @JessicaHines3
Vice President of Programming: Alica Arnold
Alica is also currently a senior at Grand Valley majoring in hospitality and tourism management and hopes to eventually work as an event planner in California after graduation.
As the Vice President of Programming, Alica is responsible for planning and coordinating the biweekly meetings. This year she is looking forward to the connections she will make through the speakers that will be at the meetings this year. She also hopes our chapter keeps growing and is looking forward to forming a sense of community centered on a common love for PR!
Adding to her PR and event planning experience, Alica also works on the marketing team for Campus Dining, has participated in the Disney College Program and currently serves as an intern for GVSU Student Life planning events for Battle of the Valleys this fall.
Five Fun Facts about Alica:
- She can do the worm with her toes
- She spent a year working for Mickey Mouse
- Adding to her passport, Alica has also studied abroad in Italy
- Peanut butter,chocolate, Vera Bradley and anything Disney are her weaknesses
- Besides event planning, her secret career goal is to become a Zumba instructor
Connect with her on Twitter: @alica_arnold
Vice President of Professional Development: Kelsey Manas
In her current role with PRSSA she is mainly responsible for planning agency tours and says she is looking forward to connecting members with professionals in the area and introducing them to different types of PR and communications.
While at Grand Valley, Kelsey also is involved with GrandPR as an account associate, is the PR intern for the School of Communications, and works in the Campus Dining marketing office.
5 Fun Facts about Kelsey:
- She’s never tasted mustard
- She has been to Disney over 16 times
- No siblings for her – she is an only child
- Huge college football fan (Go Blue!)
- As you probably could have guessed from the last fact she hates the state of Ohio
Connect with her on Twitter: @KA_Manas
Vice President of Chapter Development: Leah Mitchell
In the past, Leah has interned at Blanchard Valley Health System in Findlay, Ohio as the communications coordinator assistant. She is also an account associate in Grand PR this year, and says she is also looking forward to her internship in the fall with the American Red Cross of Greater Grand Rapids.
As the Vice President of Chapter Development she will be serving as the head of fundraising for our Grand Valley chapter and is also in charge of member recruitment. Leah says she is looking forward to helping each member to get involved and support our chapter in numerous, fun ways throughout the year.
Five fun facts about Leah:
- She has been a lifeguard for 5 years now and loves any body of water that she can swim in!
- Music is also something she loves, and if she can dance to it that’s even better
- Her favorite quote is a verse. Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for
the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go – Joshua 1:9
- Leah originates for the proud state of OHIO! Go Buckeyes!
- Heights and Spiders…. Not a fan
Connect with her on Twitter: @LeahCMitchell
Vice President of Member Services: Jessica Yakima
Previously she had an internship working for Detroit radio stations 96.3 WDVD/93.1 DOUG FM working in their promotions department managing events around the Metro area meeting with clients, working with social media and even writing a few radio scripts.
As the Vice President of Member Services, Jessica will be performing both secretary and treasurer duties for the chapter including: handling all financial responsibilities, taking weekly attendance, creating the newsletter, keeping track of the point system, hauling materials to and from meetings, sending emails, and so much more. This position is a lot of behind the scenes work and requires a lot of organization and responsibly but she says she is ready to take on the role!
Five Fun Facts about Jessica:
- She hates the taste of vegetables and refuse to eat any of them
- On the other hand she loves animals and have four dogs and two cats
- She has worked at Panera Bread since she has been 16.
-Jessica loves to read but wishes she had more time to actually finish a book
- She also loves to travel and have been to many places including Italy, France and Spain
Connect with her on Twitter: @JessicaYakima